I feel like I’m repeating myself but I have to say again that the response to Drillbridge has been absolutely incredible. A lot of you are providing some awesome feedback. Perhaps one day this little tool will be up there with the venerable Outline Extractor.
In any case, I’ve actually been incredibly (actually, unbelievably) busy with other projects, but Drillbridge is like a hobby for me so I have a few updates planned for the next release. This will be version 1.0.2:
- Paginate returned results if desired
- Create, edit, and update server and cube mapping definitions, and deployment specifications (the members that are drillable)
- Maybe (I thought this wasn’t in the Java API but apparently it is, at least for modern Essbase versions): deploy drill-through definitions to a cube mapping
I’m trying not to bite off more than I can chew for a single release. There are a number of things that are planned for an as-of-yet unnamed future release:
- Drill to descendants of upper-level member (i.e., drill on Qtr1 to do a drill using Jan, Feb, Mar)
- Custom image/header/footer on results pages
And looking way down the road:
- Drill from a drill – this is actually fairly complicated so I want to make sure I get this right. But basically you’d be able to keep drilling through data. A lot of people are interested in this for drilling to invoice PDFs, other tables, and so on.
Please keep the awesome feedback coming and know that I’m dedicating all the energy I can to making this a useful tool!